We created twshared in 2013, but adoption was limited in its first six years. We rebooted the adoption effort in 2018 and enhanced Twine with the new features highlighted in the figure. As of October 2020, twshared hosted 56 percent of our fleet, in contrast with 15 percent in January 2019. We expect that all compute services, about 85 percent of our fleet, will run on twshared by early 2022, while the remaining 15 percent will run in a separate shared storage pool. Twshared has become our ubiquitous compute pool, as all new compute capacity now lands only in twshared.
Meta believes in building community through open source technology. Explore our latest projects in Artificial Intelligence, Data Infrastructure, Development Tools, Front End, Languages, Platforms, Security, Virtual Reality, and more.